Friday, July 27, 2007

Influential intents

Caffeine-less and Claritin to the Rescue Even though I am NOT a morning person, under normal circumstances I manage to crawl out of bed 5:45-6am ish. Not these last several days. Especially not the last few. It would be TWELVE hours before my eyes really opened this morning. That "head is going to explode" feeling subsisted. Not to mention the fatigue. Once again, I stumbled through the day feeling crappy. Then I rediscovered Claritin. Then I remembered around 5 today I FORGOT to drink coffee. Oh that's right, it's not just your sickies, it's the frappin caffeine withdrawels!!! How I manage to maintain a steady job still amazes me.

Training Mad?

So at the urging of my roommate Liam, (see his perfect aero position) I decided to ride with him for 1 1/2 hours around the loop. I had not planned to train at all, so in retrospect I am grateful he was around to say, "hey, let's go ride man!" For those of you who don't know the Memorial Park "picnic" or "fruit" loop, it's a 1.1 mile circle sans traffic on the south side of the running trail. Safe and easy. But makes you feel like a lab mouse after awhile. Pathetic but true, Liam and I actually trained on a Thursday night. We also went for a 30 minute swim, only to be followed by a ....

Post Training Treat We went for drinks and pizza. You know, like normal people. Only we weren't in our post-work corporate neckties and suits...we were in our flip flops and t-shirts. And my hair smelled like chlorine. And I had no makeup on. Oh and I'm not in my 20s there to pick up boys. And this was my post training drink of choice. So this is the second night in a row, but I deserve a margarita...or two... I'M SICK (in the head)! It tasted soooo good when it hit the lips. How could I resist? Maybe the sickies are finally leaving me. Or maybe I am a true triathlete alcoholic? I have promised myself I am off the sauce come August. That's going to be a tough one.... Cheers and happy training! “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” Laozi

2 comments:

Jane said...

Yeah, that Memorial loop gets BORING, but I am too afraid of stupid Houston drivers to risk riding on the roads, unless it's 6 am on Sunday. Caffeine withdrawal is AWFUL. Yum - I had a magarita last night too :)

pinkgurugal said...

He Jane, agreed about city riding. don't like it. i love margaritas!they have a sugar free mix at spec's. it makes me feel less guilty!