Friday, July 13, 2007

BREAKING NEWS!

Bike Anxiety Allayed Pink arrived around 9:30 last night in one piece and appearing good. I actually learned of my bike's arrival just before I took off for dinner and went for a stroll along Madison's Capitol Square (yes, it's the state capitol). What a cute, clean town. The weather is cooler than normal, and I found my way into a sushi restaurant (strange that I crave Sushi in the midwest and it's actually available), where I enjoyed a quiet dinner. I relish these times I can be alone and reflect on life's goodness. Life is a much different world back at the tri commune. Quiet time . Sleep. It was so needed. A Bookish Escape I've read so much since being here. I brought five of my back issues of the New Yorker and can't put them down. A didactic look at the renewed opium trade in Afghanistan, the fall of General Tagawa and the blatant missteps of the Army and then defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his top Army staff during the Guantanamo Bay prisoner abuse scandals, a short story by David Sedaris... I love reading and the edification of the mind. We all get so bogged up in our jobs and life that there seems little time for this. Such is the explanation for the seeminging endless piles of magazines sitting in my breakfast room. Tri camp starts today at noon, and we could not ask for better weather. Sunny, 50s to 70s. I am so happy to be here to train hard, read voraciously and get centered. "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say 'I used everything you gave me' ". Erma Bombeck Cheers and happy training!

No comments: