Friday, July 20, 2007

In Recovery

The End is Near I can't believe it is Friday. I can't believe I am still not fully recovered. This is a first, usually I can fight off whatever I have within a couple of days. Not this time. My head still feels like someone stuck a bunch of pins and needles in it. HOWEVER, I am feeling MUCH better than the last three mornings, so today I am going back to work... In the Rain I never thought I would say this, but I would take the heat and humidity over this rain any day. Hey, we have to train. I'm not a big fan of riding in the rain, nor running in it, nor getting struck by lightning in the swimming pool. So God, if you are listening, I choose sweat over wet, because I know I can always jump into my pool afterwards. For now though, the tri commune pool is closed until further notice Iron Babes Last night, I was invited to attend and speak at the local "Iron Babes" get together. This is a neat group of women from all walks of life who are training for their first triathlon slated for next month. Their organizer, Jana Landry, asked me to come to share my experience. So there I was, recounting my first triathlon 3 seasons ago...how I couldn't swim, my fears with open water, my first kids bike, etc...etc... etc... (just about everyone has a similar story right? ) I was struck by how long a ways I have come, but how my journey still continues. Triathlons are very personal. Everyone has their reasons for doing them, and I know mine are complex and indelibly imprinted in my soul. So you go Iron Babes! Whatever your purpose, you will do great! Cheers and happy training! "Delight in the little things." Rudyard Kipling

4 comments:

Jane said...

Hey - I met you last night at the Ironbabes. Great bike!

The Stretch Doc said...

Hey Great blog! I linkd over from Jane's shout out to you..

nice.. IMW..hows that training coming during this hot weather?

rockon`

The Stretch Doc said...

Holy Batman.. You got a picture with Paula Newbie Fraser!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!

U rock~

rockon`..

pinkgurugal said...

Hey Johnny Tri.
Yeah Paula and her husband Paul Huddle host the camp so it's very up close and personal. Isn't that cool? Great fun!