Thursday, July 12, 2007

Houston: We have a problem

The Little Eagle has landed I made it to Madison. Luck was on my side this morning. At the airport, somehow, Continental charged me just $25.00 for my bike box. But arriving, the Karmic Laws of the universe unfolded. In all the years I have travelled, seldom do I check in luggage. Even when scuba diving, I manage to pack all my gear in a roller luggage (mind you my stuff is small) and just throw clothes in a backpack. So I walked directly to Hertz. Oops..that's right, I have luggage and a bikebox to pick up. Five minutes: luggage. 10 minutes: nothing 15 minutes: nothing 20 minutes: Panic! Breathe...breathe, relax. So pink is missing. Northwest thinks my bike didn't make its connection from Detroit and hopes to receive it tonight. Let's only hope. Standby... A Midwest Ouch? From the hotel tonight, I went for what started as a nice run. I "had" planned to do my track workout along the path, but suddenly a right hammie pain? The accellerations almost cost me my hamstring, so I opted for a brisk nine miler. It was a picture perfect night for a jog along the water. Madison is not what I imagined. Then again, I never really thought of Madison. The people are friendly, the town is quaint and clean. Running through a neighborhood I was reminded of Garrison Keillor. Okay so Minnesota is on the other side of Lake Michigan. Nonetheless, that was the feel. Midwest in its truest form. Cheers and happy training, or I hope for me!

No comments: