Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Feel Needy

Restless Rumblings I woke up to another head throbbing, faint feeling morning. Great. So I slept as long as I could, crawled out of my bed and slugged my way into work. Halfway into the day, I felt like I could puke. But I managed to make it through the afternoon, leaving promptly after five. Today's schedule calls for a swim. A swim? I couldn't even fathom the idea of getting into a pool (see the other day's blog about my pool nightmare) tonight, so I turned to the things that soothe me most in these ailing times. My Comfort Foods Homemade chili. I whipped together an all protein, low sodium, lean turkey meal. Good stuff. My roomie scarfed it, and Ryan even came over for a bite.

A sugar free margarita. I know, I know. I'm weak. I'm sick. But I was also craving a little pick me up. This blend is made of Splenda, so you whip it together with a shot of Jose Cuervo, and you're set. I figure this will help me sleep. Okay, so really I need to take the edge off of my anxiety of not "peak performing" in these waning ironman training weeks. A Wet(suit) Dream This was the closest I came to swimming tonight. My Xterra wetsuit came in the mail. Like an excited child opening a christmas gift, I ripped the thing out of the box and promptly tried it on. Then I modeled it. I will definitely swim faster now. Riding High A big congrats to my roomie Liam for 1) getting into the ITU worlds championship in Hamburg Germany next month 2) finishing second in last weekend's webster duathlon. POW! SHAZAMM! White on white. This guy intimidates Because he really "is" serious (see photo) about his training, tonight, he declined a margarita from me and opted instead to go for a swim. Sorry I couldn't join you Liam

Cheers and happy training!

"We are very near to greatness; one step and we are safe; can we not take the leap?" Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the writing is on the wall my dear and I'm not sure why you choose to ignore it. You're body is mad it at you! I think that's why you can't shake the crappiness. It's saying, "stop" "stop" "stop" "no more" no more"! Please, please, please heed it's warning. You are making us worried. We're all OCD but you really need to take care of yourself. Think about it, if you rest up now, You'll be raring to go for Ironman. YEAH!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinkgurugal said...

I know I know. Trust me, I have taken things MUCH easier than I really want to. I'm just paranoid is all. To that end, I did sleep almost TWELVE hours last night!

The Stretch Doc said...

diggn` the wetsuit!

Im still undecided on which one to buy.

hope your feelin better.

rockon`

pinkgurugal said...

johnny tri:
it's a very personal thing. there are online sites where you can rent on. it's about 60 bucks. might be a good way to save the hassle of buying one then hating it