Monday, July 16, 2007

Back to the Real World

The Last Day in Madison It was so nice to sleep eight hours and wake up refreshed. Fine, I had a few glasses of wine, and I was a littly groggy, but I was still on vacation, right? With help from the Sheraton front desk (they were so hospitable all weekend), I headed to a place called the Princeton Club to get in my pool swim. Now I've been to many, many gyms in my time, but this one took the cake. It was HUGE. There was the 3 story open floored gym. The roof had several tennis courts, and there were six wide indoor swimming lanes. not to mention a huge spa, sauna and resistance running pool. More proof that Madison is a town that values fitness. Flight Fluster I have never been one to make it to the airport early. Today was no different. After I checked out of the hotel, I went to a suggested restaurant called the Old Fashioned to try out its infamous burger. I was happily enjoying my food, until I looked up at the clock and realized my flight was in 50 minutes! After eating just half my burger, I rushed to the Dane County airport, dropped off the rental car and ran to the counter. I made my flight by five minutes. Can't repeat this behaviour for the Ironman... Read this One of the simple pleasures of travelling for me is reading. It seems I never get enough time for it between work and training. Reading about something new, whether it be about an issue, a person, or an event, escaping in a book or magazine has always been a personal enjoyment for me. If I can exercise my body, then I can exercise my brain. I need to make more time for this. Eight weeks from the Ironman and I'm feeling the sickies tonight. Let's hope I can beat this. It's a hard training week... Cheers and happy training! "Love generously. Praise loudly. Live fully!" Elias Portor

No comments: