Friday, August 24, 2007

Worn Out and Watch Out!

Swipe that Sweat I don't know about you, but I sweat profusely when I train.

I bought a new bike trainer this week at Sugar Cycles. I needed a new one because the tension on my old one stopped working. Even though I am in Ironman taper mode, this week's workout was still tough.
I kind of look like this guy after training . Glistening in pain.
It's not a pretty sight. Or smell for that matter.
I'd be an ideal candidate for sweat surgery. I think they call that condition hyperhydrosis
Suit to Sweat
Now, don't get me wrong, I support professional attire. Heck, when I head to work I'm almost too conservative. But your Sunday best OUTSIDE? In the scorching heat?
I spotted an irritated colleague struggling to stay comfortable.
I wish the rules would change for the men. It's really not fair and just damn BALLS HOT to be wearing wool.
I work best outdoors in flip flops. Women have more creative clothing license. I like to mix things up.
Head on Collision
I suffered a training setback when taking Jasper and Ally out to the park Thursday evening.
Pinkgurugal Goes Down!
While bending down to take a ball from ally's mouth, Jasper ran towards us, inadvertently head butting me on the left side of my eye, right at my eyebrow.
At first it swelled. Then it morphed into funny colors. Then I called the domestic violence hotline. Not really.
And my 1 1/2 hour run was suspended. Beer helped.
Cover Up Conversion
All day today I received funny looks from people. It would be an afterthought that it had to do with my new look. Well, I needed my old look back.
Mac makeup worked its miracle. Not to mention those funny shades of reds and purples blended pretty well.
Cheers and happy training!
“Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination.”
Immanuel Kant

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quotes at the end of your blog are a nice touch. Inspirational and introspective. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was watching the newscast today and could not help but look at your eye. I think you did a good job hiding the black eye but it did look a little swollen. Hope it gets better.

pinkgurugal said...

thanks kuan! i LOVE quotes!
and the black eye looks more red right now but is getting better! :)