Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Galveston Grumps

Beach Bum
Monday found me heading to oh so lovely Galveston island for a field assignment. It's funny how your perspective changes when triathlon takes over your world.
I used to stare at this beach and wonder how anyone in their right mind would want to go wade in these brown waters.
But since the waters were flat, that got me thinking. Swimming from jetty to jetty would be about a quarter mile. And this would be great training. Ooh I wish I had my car. Then I could buy a swimsuit and goggles and swim after work.
Crazy.
Triathlon training permeates just about my every thought throughout my day.
Wipe those Wasabi Tears Away
I had one of my many clumsy moments yesterday afternoon while at the beach. Suddenly I felt a sharp sting in my right eye. Then it turned red. I confirmed this after careful examination.
Eye Irritant Culprit
I deduced that the Wasabi Soynuts I was munching was to blame. Fingers laden with Wasabi powder and salt, I carelessly wiped the SWEAT out of my eye. Reminder: it BALLS HOT.
I had a very LONG, HOT and HARD workday so I skipped my swim Tuesday night.
I instead decompressed with a few Shiners and some hard core rap music. I thank my esteemed colleague Eddie McCain for burning that CD for me. Eddie, gangster rap is so therapeutic!!!
Looks like it will rain today. I'm heading to the pool, sans eye infection.
Cheers and happy training!
"Life is like a ten speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use."
Charles Schulz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PGG - Ryan K's friend. Nice page. Mine is lame, but I aspire to one day have the web-talent shown on your page! Cheers...and bring the pain, IM WISC is quite close!

BRS

pinkgurugal said...

Did Kelly and I scare you from coming to IMOO? Don't worry, we don't bite unless asked! hahahahaha! :)