Friday, August 17, 2007

Water Rescues and Weary Workouts

Mind Matters I don't know what I would do without exercise in my life. It's my medication, my drug, my fix. Particularly in light of the Thursday I unenthusiastically endured. Flood Fits If you live in the Houston area, maybe you drove around one of the many flooded streets because of yesterday's sudden deluge. I didn't just drive around it. I walked in it, talked of it, sat in it and inadvertently splashed in it. And I hated every wet moment of it. So did my clothes. So did my colleague. He's the speck in the middle of "Lake Collingsworth"

At one point I even helped a metro bus supervisor direct traffic. Seriously, motorists were actually turning around on the Southwest Freeway. Crazy.

Oh, and I also aided in a few rescues. Just a simple suggestion should you find yourself in your car surrounded by 2-4 feet of water.... GET OUT! I couldn't believe how many people just sat in their car, looking dazed and discombobolated.

For mature audiences only I was so busy yesterday getting in and out of my cohort's SUV that I got injured on the job I caught my ankle on the corner of the passenger door steel slider thing (you know that steel component underneath the seat that allows the seat to move forwards and back?) Ouch. Pain. Blood. Only to be excaberated by stepping into the flooded waters. I hope I don't get hepatitus. But if I do, would it mean I would be eligible for workman's comp? An Exhausting Immersion

You would think that after an 11 hour VERY WET workday, all I'd want to do is stay dry and warm at home. No, I needed to swim. Eye on the prize: Ironman...three weeks away... So there I am, heart rate monitor strapped in, bathing suit on, goggles in my hands... then I looked at the couch. Then I laid in it.... then I watched idle TV with my roomie Liam. So did Ally. Big Love was so good this week!

This lasted for about two hours. It was 10:00pm when I finally peeled myself off the couch, got in my car, and headed for the pool. I was the only one in the pool. And I closed the gym down. *

An INSITE sighting?

I leave you with a funny pinkgurugal moment. As We were leaving the "lake", suddenly a man appeared from nowhere!

Who is he? Why is he running to our SUV? Does he want money? Does he want a ride?

Upon careful review of both said photo and said location (there was a FOX 26 livetruck in the vicinity), the fuzzy looking photographed man in question is none other than Isiah Carey! Word has it that Isiah was there investigating restroom discrimination. More details can be found on the Insite. Cheers and happy training! "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." Thomas Edison

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You too funny. Hope your foot heals (no pun intended).

pinkgurugal said...

I love puns!
I think the swimming pool chlorine helped! I'll have an update in the coming days!

Isiah Carey AKA The Insite said...

Hey Miss Lady,


Is a spotting of the Insite like a spotting of Bigfoot...Because I look like Bigfoot in that shot...You're too funny...

Isiah
aka
The Insite

pinkgurugal said...

hello mr. insite!

better bigfoot than lochness monster...which would have been appropriate given the depth of some of that high water...
ps- i broke out in a mystery rash from sloshing in that stuff that day. yuck!