Friday, August 3, 2007

Friday Happy Hour

Date Night Friday is one of those days when most normal working people grab a beer or socialize after work. Not me. My big date tonight was with my bike and my indoor trainer. I need to get a life. I think I sweat five pounds. It was a killer 2 hour bike workout, followed by a 4 mile run. Yep, welcome to the world of ironman training in the waning weeks before the big race.

Could this be real? Did I really clock 47 miles on my Cat Eye? Why does it seem like you go faster indoors than out in the elements? I mean, I did PLENTY of grueling intervals tonight. But trust me, if I was riding outdoors, I doubt I'd do 47...maybe more like 40?? Shake It This was my post workout dinner, since it is late and I don't like eating big meals before I get my beauty sleep. Leftover cherries and a protein shake. I love that individual smoother blender. A must have for athletic enthusiasts who don't want the hassle of taking out the big blender. Pinkgurugal's yummy and delicious, guilt-free shake 1 scoop strawberry flavored pure whey protein 1 cup non fat plain yogurt 1 cup lowfat soymilk 10-15 cubes of ice a dash of splenda for flavor

Throw contents into mini blender. Push button for 30 seconds. Open lid. Drink Fridgeworthy

A big thanks to my surrogate little sister and petsitter extraordinare Jessica for stocking the tri commune fridge with food and beer. I hate grocery shopping. I think I would go hungry if Jessica wasn't in my life. Or drink shakes all day. Cheers and happy training! "You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose." William Adams

No comments: