Saturday, September 29, 2007

Jane's Biking Bragging Rights

Jane's Addiction A huge pinkgurugal congrats goes out to Ironbabe Jane, who officially became the proud owner of a badass, sup'ed up Guru titanium bike. Since "Jane's Addiction" (that's the name of her new baby) comes from the same line as my baby, we are looking forward to our kids becoming fast friends. And we'll see you guys out at this weekends Cinco Ranch Triathlon! And another accolade... Not only did Jane usher in "JA" this weekend, low and behold SHE'S FAMOUS! Yep, our little Jane is this month's cover feature on the Houston Racing website. The article reads as follows Jane Kang - Jane is a brand new member and competed in her first triathlon this year: Jeff and Brede’s. Despite the rain, Jane says it was fun! She finds the training rather addictive and knows she is happier, especially since she was 60 pounds heavier 2 years ago. Jane has been in Houston for 7 years and is originally from Louisiana. Jane is a psychiatrist by day and enjoys playing with her pug, Toby, reading and cooking by night. At times, Jane rides her bicycle to work. She rode the MS150 for the first time this year. And, she will compete in a few more sprint triathlons this year. Jane is in training with the Ironbabe program, founded by Jana Landry, and coached by Annabelle Landa. Jane is enjoying a healthier lifestyle. WHAT? they didn't mention that Jane has also committed her first half in October and to IM Austria.. (okay, it was my fault, I peer pressured her into the big one!).. and what about props to the tri commune... Anyhoo, Jane is all grown up. Pinkgurugal is proud! Cheers and happy training Ralph Vaull Starr- "Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul."

2 comments:

Jane said...

You are sweet. and supportive. and kooky in a good way that I approve! and super cool!

I have one beef about that article: "...she is happier, especially since she was 60 pounds heavier..." It makes it sound like I'm happier just because I'm smaller which is not the case. I'm smaller, because I'm happier, if that makes sense. I have a problem with people who think they are happier just because they lose weight because that's not what it's really about. You have to be happy at whatever weight you're at. Ok, off my soapbox.

Dave said...

OMFG... I just recognised Ironbabe Jane... I graduated highschool with her! Talk about small worlds!

Dave.