Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Am # 2188

BREAKING NEWS FROM IRONMAN.COM Pinkgurugal is pleased to announced "The Chelly's" second appearance on Ironman.com This is the picture that the e-world saw. Here's a copy of the article:

1,065 first time Ironman athletes ready to go

"The Chelly" (okay they used our real names..) are just two of the more than 1,000 athletes in the field competing in their first Ironman this weekend. The two outgoing women from Houston, Texas, are definitely having a good time here in Madison this week and appear to be “rarin’ to go.”Rumor has it the two are more than a little photogenic – their picture appeared here on Ironman.com during our coverage of the Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs race earlier this year!

We met Ironman.com's managing editor, Kevin Mckinnon. He saw something special in us. Maybe an "it" quality? Here he is posing with the ladies.

T Minus 1 It all seems too surreal that in less than 24 hours from now, I will be in the midst of cycling or running in my first ironman race....probably more like cycling. The weather is perfect, and the Ironman buzz is definitely on today. And while I will admit to having jitters, the weather is putting me in a pretty damn good mood on this eve before the big dance. I took this picture of Kelly during one of our final spins around town.

TriRyGuy Arrives Thankfully TriRyGuy flew in yesterday to join us. We have affectionately renamed him our Tri bitch. He carries our stuff, makes sure we're rested and happy, and all with a huge and mischievous grin on his face. Who wouldn't want to be in the presence of "The Chelly, catering to our every discombobulated needs? Humor aside, what would we do without him, he has been our angel in all of this. We love you Ryan! thank you for making the journey with us! He has helped us packed all of our transition and special needs bags. I was overwhelemed at all we need to pack. A bag full of stuff from the swim to bike, from the bike to the run, special needs bags for each halfway mark, a dry clothing bag... blah blah blah...did i forget ANYTHING? So TriRyGuy went through with us our checklist of crap. Then we loaded all of our things, hooked up with Eye Candy John, and we all headed for the big pasta dinner. That was all good and fun...and hilarious. We all had the giggles during the program, then bolted out to grocery shop and get some ice cream.

Soaking it up We got up this morning and all went for a quick 20 minute swim. Lake Monona was a complete departure from the choppy hell of a few days ago. Calm, sunny and as ideal as you can get. I felt quite comfortable. But of course, there weren't 2000 bobbing heads joining me.

This afternoon was spent checking and checking in our bikes, having a leisurely lunch, and chatting up with new tri friends, including a German we met when we arrived, Casper Grim. Eye Candy John move over. You have just been replaced.

Speaking of eye candy, there is mucho everywhere. Triathletes, especially the ones who do Ironmans, are just about the fittest people I've ever met, particularly the men. Then pool them together in a clump and the "hot and fit bubble" is even smaller. Lucky "The Chelly".... Tomorrow is the BIG day. A day that is bigger than me. The day that will change me. And They say the first is the best. Pinkgurugal bids you adieu and leaves you with my favorite poem of ALL TIME. A full race report after tomorrow. "The Road Not Taken" TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

8 comments:

Baun said...

Brangelina's got nuthin on Chelly! You guys are rock stars! Looking forward to the E! True Hollywood Story about Chelly... :)

It looks to be a perfect raceday; great for spectating too. Best of luck to you both!

Jane said...

I just saw you finish! I'm so proud of you! Incredible! It's been so fun following you and Kelly today on Ironman live. Yay! I'm ecstatic for you, although nothing can probably describe how you're feeling now. Can't wait to hear all when you come back.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chau!!!! Terry and I have been tracking you and Kelly ALL day today!! I am so proud of the both of you. I know that you have worked so hard for this and now it is a reality. Kudos to you!!! It must be an amazing feeling to accomplish what you have today!! Have a safe trip home, I can't wait to hear all about it. Tiffany

Baun said...

Hi Chau - it was great seeing you on the run! It's funny, but you looked just like your profile pic! Ha! I was like, hey, that's PinkGuruGal!

I just wanted to congratulate you on a GREAT finish time!! That is awesome - you should be very proud! I also saw you near the finish, right before you make the last left to the finish line, and was able to videotape about 10s of you running (you looked so happy!); I can send you that footage if you wish (bauntorun at gmail dot com).

Congrats again! You are an IRONMAN!!

Paul

Born To Endure said...

I was cheering for you when you went by our penalty tent...way to go out there girl!!!

Starbright said...

Congrats on the ironman

glitglitglam.blogspot.com

pinkgurugal said...

Paul, it was so funny to see you! sorry i did not stop. i was in the zone! thanks for cheering me on! and i'd LOVE to see that video so i will email you later today!

Jane - we're planning an m dot tatoo party. i'll call with the
details.

Shelley, even though i don't know you...i felt the tri blog alliance spirit out there! thanks!

tiff - we'll see you at the commune!

glitglitglam - THANKS!!!!

greyhound said...

So, let me get this straight. This guy gets paid to wander around taking pictures of and talking to hawt triathlete chicks? That ain't workin'