Sunday, September 16, 2007

Putting a Permanent End to my Ironman Observance

Enough Already! Now that it has been a week that the Chelly completed their first ironman, this will be final IMOO '07 related blog. One week of basking in the glory I say more than suffices. Sunday Cycling Revisited Even though I bragged all week to many, many friends and cohorts about how I couldn't wait to become a normal person again after IMOO, how I was looking forward to sleeping in on Sunday, I went back to my newfound habits. I was having cycling withdrawels. Ironbabe Jane was at the Tri Commune saturday night for reasons which will follow. She was going to ride on Sunday morning. So of course. I wanted to go. We left my home at 6:00am and headed to the country for the usual 54 mile country loop. It was Jane's first time doing this course. It won't be her last, since she has signed up for next month's Ironstar half IM. Go Jane go! It was a gorgeous morning. And even though I had to wake up ASS early again, (when was the last time I really slept in on a Sunday??) I was glad I did, for more reasons than just getting on my bike and riding. Marksmanship Saturday night, the Chelly made history. Kelly and I headed to Bombshell Tattoos and made our Ironman experience last a lifetime. After much anticipation, I present to you the m-dot and the inclusion of the"Chelly charm" (it's a tri scallion..represents victory achievement and success..see previous blog). I went first. OUCH! This hurt more than the Ironman race (for real). Jane was there as well. She took pictures of the process and tried her best to distract me with the sound of that buzzing needle, including asking me to thinking of things I dare share and will take to me to my grave. And a HUGE thanks to Jessica for letting me listen to her IPOD. Bootie music rocked. (Check out my cool links and download it if you haven't already!) Kelly yelped much less than me. I woke up this morning with a HOLY CRAP thought. I can't believe this will be on my left ankle FOREVER!!! A congratulatory cake Ironbabe Jane, who has been one of the nicest additions to our Tri Commune, baked this decadent Chelly cake for us. She slaved away at this piece of edible art for TWO days. Let me just say this cake tasted like it came straight from a bakery. We brought it to dinner with us. I think if this whole psychiatrist thing doesn't pan out for Jane, bakery is in her career cards. Thanks Jane! To having our cake and eating it too! And to 140.6 in 2008!

Cheers and happy training!

Guatama Buddha - “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”

4 comments:

greyhound said...

I am still sleeping in, still enjoying it, and still writing about it.

I love those pics of you and Chelly. My face would hurt if I smiled as much as you two.

Jane said...

Hey read about this person's M-dot:

http://athenadiaries.blogspot.com

pinkgurugal said...

i know, i love to smile. i'm just a happy kinda gal. :)

pinkgurugal said...

holy crap jane! that is some m dot!!!