Friday, September 28, 2007

Pinkgurugal puts on her party hat

Going Glitzy

Wednesday night I convinced Ironbabe Jane to be my date. We headed to a cocktail party. Of course, as evidenced by my many photos sans makeup and hairdo, this is an atypical me.
Isn't it strange to see Jane and me all dolled up, since in most of my blog photos, we're usually either bumming out or in spandex and tshirt and shorts?
My friend on my left is Viet Hoang, a great guy and the publisher of Yellow Magazine, a way cool Asian American lifestyles and fashion magazine.
Sisterhood
And here I am wedged between these beauties, Mandy Kao and Yuki Rogers, the co-chairs of the Asian Family Services charity event and this evening's pre gala cocktail party. They are great women, and a subset of pinkgurugal's social circle. Featured in this photo are former city councilmember Gordon Quan and his wife Sylvia. They are simply the most wonderful and genuine people as evidenced by their smiles.

So have you noticed the common thread in these photos? Everyone is Asian! Yes, these are my "peeps", my asian posse, my amalgam of friends who embrace both our eastern heritage and our western culture.

It's cool to be different.

And it's cool to actually go out like a normal person since my ironman training is on hiatus (and i'm over that withdrawel thing!)

Cheers and happy training!

Henry David Thoreau - “Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were Asian.

Roy

greyhound said...

And me here with my wonder bread self. Boooooooorrrrrrring.

Baun said...

hotties in da house!

roy and greyhound: don't hate, appreciate! :)

pinkgurugal said...

there you guys go again...pushin the little pink buttons.
Remember, asians will be dominating the world soon! :)