Sunday, September 2, 2007

Tri Roading Trippin, dorm room disinfecting and widdling for Wisconsin

An Austin Adventure
By the time many of you read this, my roomie Liam and Ironbabe Jane will have completed an olympic distance race in Austin. I got a call from them. They are BFF's now and are hanging out up there. I love my tri friends.
This is them at a recent tri commune dinner night.
Clearing my Commune Clutter
Since I had Sunday night to myself at the Tri commune, I got into one of my OCD kicks and began cleaning the entire house. Then I ventured into Liam's room.
College Dorm or Just plain Messy Marvin?
I couldn't stand to look at the clothes, the clutter, and the Jasper hair, so I brought my new oreck into his room and started vacuuming.
I present to you Liam's littered lair.
Pinkgurugal's purging
I made his bed, did all of his piles of laundry and organized stuff. But I promise i did not look in his "goodies" drawer. I love to be domestic. I'll make a great housewife one day. I truly enjoy it.
Taper Monday
Even though yesterday my taper called for a 2-3 hour ride, I managed only an hour because
1) I woke up late
2) I had to be at work on a rare sunday
3) I felt not so good
I'm going to write off Sunday as a "I didn't get enough sleep" the prior day.
So this morning, I headed out for an hour run. I was tired (I'm not a morning person), and once again, it was BALLS HOT.
Now why I use that adjective ito describe Houston's seeming oppressive summer heat is unclear to even me. But it seems strangely appropriate.
Wading the Open Water
The girls are heading off to the RV park lake later today for another open water swim. And I need to try out my other wetsuit. But of course it raining and thundering now, so we are in a hold patter.
I can still hardly believe that at this time next week, I will have finished my first Ironman.
Cheers and happy training!
Guatama Buddha - “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”

3 comments:

greyhound said...

My garage could use some tidying up. Are you actually going to be productive this week? Me? I have my doubts.

Baun said...

>> I can still hardly believe that at this time next week, I will have finished my *first* Ironman.

Yea yeah!! I gotta tell you that I love that attitude - Ironman is not a destination, but a renewing journey! I'm contemplating wistfully about the inaugural IM China 2008 for my first Ironman... how awe-inspiring would that be?! Up for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure?? :)

Here's to your first IM, and many more!

pinkgurugal said...

i LOVE to clean! don't tempt me...oh and i cleaned parts of my garage too...
OCD

IM CHINA?? it's like we'll coming back to the homeland! hahahahaha!

thanks for the support, i'm denying all negativity this week. only positivity allowed! :)