Saturday, October 27, 2007

Professional Pivot Point

Inquiring Minds Now that Pinkgurugal has made it official that I'm checking out of my "real world" come January, the questions keep coming, like... "What are you going to do now?..." "How will you finance your trip?..." "Who's taking care of your dog?..." So why are you walking away from TV NEWS?..." blah blah blah.... Then something totally bizarro happened, and it all came back to me. My engineer I worked with yesterday pulled out this photo he took of me almost a year ago. Picture not so perfect

This is a photo of me and one of my esteemed photographers covering last December's "Ice Storm" that wasn't.
*
*
For three miserable days, we slept a few hours holed up in a tiny motel, did a million liveshots, stood outside in the freezing cold, ate bad food and worked around the clock.
Typical storm coverage, big story stuff.
*
*
Stuff I used to thrive at doing. Now it all seems so perfunctory.
* *
So this was my defining moment of truth...the first in a series of events that had me contemplating a life change. But covering this event was the impetus.
*
*
And I now have a picture to prove it.
*
*
There are no accidents. And getting this photo from Nick is a perfect example.
*
*
Cheers and happy training!
*
"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous. " ~Albert Einstein

2 comments:

The Stretch Doc said...

you will be missed on your coverage/tv and mostly you will be missed by H-twn...

I wish you well on your trip and take lots of pictures and continue to Smile!!

rockon`

Go Mom Go said...

I love your quote for today. So often I tell everyone that there are no coincidences. I truly believe.