Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Random Ramblings

Face off I am going on two weeks with a new visiting friend on my face that won't go away. I shall name this ... Pinkgurugal's pimple that won't go away. How is it that at 34 years old, I am suffering from teenage breakout? Please pimple, please leave the premises of my face. I need to look pretty for the prom.... Race so Unready My 2007 triathlon season culminates this weekend. My FINAL triathlon of the year is Sunday's local Ironstar half Ironman. I can hardly believe this year has come and gone, and I still can't shake the fact that little me finished my first Ironman last month....crazy.... Firstly, let me say that while I harbor little if any nerves, I have NOT properly trained for this race...AT ALL. Truth be told, my training went from 15-20 hours down to maybe 8-12 hours weekly. I'm not necessarily proud of this, but I backed way off. Lemme' 'splain.... 'Splain It Well for starters, I have actually had a semblance of a normal social life...and that means I actually went to dinner and treated myself to a few drinks, or two, or three... someone recently mentioned that I talk way too much about my penchant for beer. It's true. I like the sauce. Anyhoo, all I'm saying is that over the last few weeks, if I didn't want to train in the morning (like this morning), I wouldn't. Of course, that would make me feel guilty, leaving me to run/ride/swim in the evenings. But I am on no real schedule, so whatever... Oh and here's something else, my back hurts :( I have been stretching, but this core workout commitment I made to myself 6 weeks ago to do abs three times a week is not going so well. I wish I had a 24-7 personal trainer. Ironbabe Jane mentioned in her blog that the weather is getting cold in Houston. It's been gorgeous, with lows in the 50 in the mornings, warming to the mid 70's by midday. Didn't that sound so meteorologist-like? :) At any rate, her post about what to wear for this race brought me back to last year. Because last year, the Ironstar was my FIRST half ironman ever, and I was a nervous wreck. But when I finished, I thought, "this isn't so bad..." And then I wanted to do more...and more... and more. Don't worry Jane, treat it like any other race, just get arm warmers and you should be fine. I rambled too much on this one. Maybe I'll just go for a run the next time. Or drink another beer. Cheers and happy training! "Be the person your dog thinks you are" unknown (and displayed in Liam's room)

5 comments:

Ursula said...

If you are prepared for the rambling machine that is my blog, you can see it at http://ursulasbrain.blogspot.com/. (You see, I am so apt at naming things.) It's pretty much just whatever pops into my head, for no real reason at all. I also haven't figured out yet how to make it cool like yours and Liam's.

Jane said...

If you were really concerned about the zit, you could get a cortisone shot into it by the dermatologist. It would go away immediately.

I had some pre-race beer nutrition last night too.

I will see you tonight.

Anonymous said...

That was funny. So, during the training for my first Tri I should drink beer?

Remedy for zit: Windex. I think I heard that somewhere. I think cortisone would make you gain weight, I'm told. Maybe urban legend.

Charles

Baun said...

I like the end quote (I'd seen it somewhere before too). But if my dog thinks I'm a lazy SOB who never takes her for a walk?! GRRRrrrrrr-woof!!!

I hate adult zits. I get them too. But maybe we don't need to see them upclose...? :) jk.

Good luck to you and all the Sugar babes this weekend! Rock the Ironstar hard! (that's what she said!)

pinkgurugal said...

ursula - you are linked! i love to ramble! yeah! trial and error stuff babe!

ooh jane i picked it apart today. it was ugly.

windex? i think i saw that in my big fat greek wedding

BEER rules!!!!

thanks baun!!!!