Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tri-less training, Commune Cooking

A Hiatus Helping
It has been a few days since Pinkgurugal posted a blog to recount the inanities of my life. But there is good reason.
1) I have returned to the masses of those who "work-out" and not "train". I may work out 4-5 times a week for 1 to 1 1/2 hour a day...instead of that crazy ironman 15-25 hours a week...
2) Having divulged that, I have gained a few pounds. It's a simple math game. Eat more, exercise less= weight gain. Evercise more, eat less= weight loss.
I know, 2 or 3 pounds sounds like NOTHING, but it is when you are 4"11 or... okay 4"10 3/4.. it matters.
3) And I have happily "let go" of the HAVE to TRAIN neurosis associated with those used to our uncommonly excessive thoughts of physical inadequacies.
4) Ooh thats right, the Houston marathon is ,mmm.. 8 weeks away... oh whatever, i never train for these.
Notwithstanding, I feel like I finally have my life back and am not confined to the rigors of hard ironman training...
Pledging
Welcome to the newest member of the tri commune, we shall name "he who shall not be named".
Now mind you, this is a VERY exclusive club, so in order to be a member, there are some initiation requirements... like... mmmm
Tri Commune Cooking
We put HWSNBN to work. First order of business, make us his best meal... This Putanesca.... which apparently means "whore sauce"
HWSNBN's secret recipe includes an amalgam of olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and other yummy goodies. Now I understand that this may sound nc 17, however....
"Whore" or not, the tri commune happily lopped up this...honestly, probably, the BEST pasta I have eaten... kinda like the stuff you find in Italy...
Of course, other regulars joined in on this culinary affair. . tastes so good when it hit the lips...
Cheers and happy training!
"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

greyhound said...

I just keep coming back here because the pictures make me laugh. Are you roaring again? And what exactly is Kelly doing to that boy? Whatever it is she looks like she's enjoing it QUITE a lot.