Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Family Firsts
Even though the first generation of the Nguyen family (i.e. my immediate family) does not observe Thanksgiving like most Americans (see prior post),
members of the Nguyen children have happily adopted thanksgiving with all the traditional fixins and
The second generation of Nguyens
This year I spent thanksgiving dinner with my brother Dean, his wife Miriam, and my two absolutely adorable and beautiful nieces, Mailynh and Katelynh.
Also there tonight were other family members on Miriam's side. That's Mailynh's BFF Madu.
Can you believe the tree was already up when I arrived?
Now the food was fabulous, but even better was the post-dinner fun.
I love to goof off.
And I'm a cool aunt.
And thanksgiving is not so bad with those who mean most to me. Kids make it awfully fun.
And I am very thankful.
Cheers and happy thanksgiving!
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,and never stops at all. "
- Emily Dickinson

No comments: