Wednesday, November 28, 2007

PinkGurugal's Gracious Gift

Flower Flutters
Thank GOD it's another day. Sorry about that poor me blog from yesterday. I had a meltdown. And thanks to my fellow bloggers for those funny comments. It actually cheered me up.
Then today these came to my station.
"He who shall not be named" sent these unbelievably gorgeous roses.
And the card couldn't be more touching. Like a giggly girl, I have to share.
Privacy made Public
So I showed up to the station this afternoon, tried to rice paper walk my way to my desk, which incidentally is at the OTHER END of the newsroom.
Of course, I strolled in during our weekly open newsroom meeting.
Then the unexpected and embarrassing happened.
My boss: "Hey Chau, come on in. Ladies and gentlemen.... Chau Nguyen!"
Newsroom colleagues (about 50 of them): Clapping...
Me: "Hi??" (I start walking fast)
My boss: "Chau, we sent you flowers!"
Me: "Thanks Keith, just send me the bill."
I swear if I could blush, I would have. But I'm a brown Vietnamese girl, and we don't get so pink in the face.
I'm so lucky. Thank you HWSNBN. You know how to make a girl feel special!
Cheers and happy training!
"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart." Buddha

10 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

I was wrong. He's UberFoxy! Glad your week is looking up. :)

Tarabay said...

Good call!!! I'll pull a rubber over my eyes and nose. I could still breath out of my mouth and not worry about giving my eye VD to anyone...

Nice flowers.. glad things are inproving for you. The week is almost over... whoop whoop..

greyhound said...

Awwww. Good man, that. Maybe even a keeper.

greyhound said...

Awwww. Good man, that. Maybe even a keeper.

JP said...

Don't know you but I enjoy the blog. Good to see you are in better spirits. Is Mr. Wonderful local to Houston or does he live out of state?

pinkgurugal said...

yep. he who shall not be named lives here in houston. yep a keeper.. and yep, uber foxy! lucky me! :)

JP said...

HWSNBN is a lucky guy. He seems very considerate. Hope all is well today!

JP said...

HWSNBN is a lucky guy. He seems very considerate. Hope all is well today!

Baun said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! We all have our ups and downs, regardless of how good things are or may be. Plus, flowers never fail to cheer a girl up!

Jane said...

ok, he's a keeper. He cooks for you AND sends you flowers AND is hot AND is smart AND is funny (well, he was funny that evening) AND makes his own scrapple?