Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Laying down some common cents

Expensive Energy I am a coffee addict...a junkie, a bitch to a cup of Joe. I really shouldn't be, since I have way too much natural born energy and seem to be wired all the time. But for some reason, I want more. That's how I roll. Now I typically make my own coffee at the Tri commune, but today I was RUNNING WAY LATE to work thanks to he who shall not be named. So after doing a drive by at the bank ATM, I noticed a coffee shop called Maui Wowi. Cool, I'll try something different Holy Maui Wowi Money! This large cup of Nonfat, one Splenda latte costs Pinkgurugal $4.87. Let me repeat: $4.87!!!! Now I'm far from cheap, but think of all the things I could have for five bucks... Like a WHOLE lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant China Garden. Like a six pack of beer. mmmm....beer Like a sandwich from Brown Bag Deli....mmm...egg sandwich. Like 3 bags of Swedish fish.... mmmm for long rides.... Like a spare tube...mmmm...when there's a flat Like a lot of crap!!!! Pinkgurugal goes down! I had to cover a murder trial today, so after the trial recessed for the day, I stayed back in the media editing room to lay down. No I wasn't taking a nap, but I tweaking my aching back. It always hurts, but it was especially sore today.

This is my massage therapy ball I NEVER leave home without. It's kind of like a tennis ball but is stronger. Basically I roll it and hold it in the sore areas of my back, but and legs... oooh....ahhh.... feels so good.

Not as good as a Cheryl Francisco massage, but it does the job on a crunch. Find me some carpet, and I'm down.

Cheers and happy training!

"Eternal delight and deliciousness will be his, who coming to lay him down, can say with his final breath--O Father!--chiefly known to me by Thy rod--mortal or immortal, here I die. I have striven to be Thine, more than to be this world’s, or mine own. Yet this is nothing: I leave eternity to Thee; for what is man that he should live out the lifetime of his God."

Moby Dick by Hermann Melville

2 comments:

Jane said...

"Find me some carpet, and I'm down." You know All EZ's going to comment on this line...

oh I have such a dirty mind

Anonymous said...

Four bucks and 87 cents?
Just call it 5 bucks!
For a little more, you could have bought a whole bag of coffee beans!

Hi girlfriend, your Angel here. I love this blogsite of yours. Its just so YOU! It's fabulous, mind boggling, hilarious, thoughtful, silly and creative all at once!

I miss you girlfriend and I love that I can log onto your site and peek into your world, even though I am hundreds of miles away. I wish we lived closer so we could do so many of the things we used enjoy together, shop, eat, talk and giggle! But just know that I am right there with you in spirit.

I am always proud of you and all of your accomplishments. And as you are about to embark on a new and wonderful mission in life... I couldn't be prouder! Congratulations girlfriend! You only live once and YOU, my friend, are LIVING IT! MWAH!

~Angel