Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blues blogging

A Pensive post I can't exactly pinpoint it, or maybe I don't really want to share it with the world, but I am in a melancholy mood today. Work was good...easy story. Colleagues are great...my favorite photographer worked with me. It was a beautiful day...blah blah blah... Every time the seasons change I get this way. And in part, it has to do with the fact that I have not seen Kelly in days, and I'm having Chelly withdrawels. Jane came over last night armed with a huge pot of gumbo. Thanks Jane. That was so yummy. But Kelly has not been around :( Maybe it's because it's just life, and in life, we have our moods. I often think about the ladies at Bonita House, a women's shelter for those who've hit rock bottom, whether through drugs or bad relationships. I've had the privilege of speaking and volunteering there on occasion. Their courage inspires me. I definitely feel a calling to help them. It's one of the career changes I am considering. There is nothing better than to see these women overcome adversity to start over. We all deserve that second chance. If you haven't had a chance to look at what they do, open the link. It's amazing. Now I may not feel their pain, but I think we all understand pain. I have a great life, a wonderful family, a great nitch of friends, not to mention a budding personal life. Still, I have the funk today and thought journaling would help. I'm not writing this to feel sorry for myself. I have much for which to be thankful. Just some thoughts. I'm having a drink with some work colleagues after work today. Then Kelly will come over. I'm so lucky I have girlfriends. This is Lisa. What a wonderful woman. Beautiful, successful, independent, kind, spiritual..the kind of girl you men would love to take home to mom. Aren't girlfriends the best? That's a bond unique to women. You men could never understand. I'm glad I'm a woman and not a man in these times. They are my rock, and I know they will be there when I need emotional support, and I too. I need to ride my bike. TriGreyHound, thanks for the offer to ride tonight, but I have yet to buy leg and toe warmers. It's on my increasingly growing "to do" list. My legs are sore from yesterday's run. I'm taking the night off. I need a martini. There I go again... my penchant for the sauce. Cheers (kind of) and happy training! "Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up. " Pearl Buck

5 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Mr. Budding Personal Life is a fox. *whistle*

greyhound said...

You drank. I rode. I can just now feel my toes again. On further reflection, you might still be numb as well.

pinkgurugal said...

i'm still numbbbbbbbbbb.....

Tarabay said...

OOOHHHHH WWWEEEEE... I love dat der gumbo....

Tarabay said...

Hey do you work with a young lady named Marcie???