Sunday, January 27, 2008

Inauspicious Oddities

Sickies Stink I am sick...again. Since I left my job, I think I have been down with a cold, sinus infection, allergies, fatigue..etc for most of the four weeks. I am frustrated and am heading to the doctor's office for the second time. I am tired of feeling like my head is going to explode, like I am delirious from some virus ridden, germ perpetuating ailment. bring the violins out. poor me... i'm pathetic. Technology Torment On top of that, I have had the worst issues, with 1) my laptop 2) my ever so snail speed desktop 3) how to get my blog out of whatever mode that's preventing me from blogging with photos and screwing up the format. I know VERY LITTLE about computers, and thanks to the last anonymous for the advice.. but my reply would be ..."huh??" Also, since Baun has a MAC, and as much as we tried, no luck. Thanks for the effort, my fellow Blog pal...however feigned on my part. Anyhoo, after much back and forth with the folks at GEEK SQUAD, who gave me back my computer sans repairs, it appears it might be yet another week before I get it returned... ughh... So tonight I find myself sick, but yearning for an outlet to vent. Henceforth, I will write, notwithstanding the f-ed up looking script. Holidays on hold I didn't expect the weeks to go by so fast, but they have. And while I had anticipated the beginning of my world travels by now, I have decided to hold off for at least the next few weeks. Frankly, I have a million to-do projects and am actually still in need of this decompress time, especially given this unwelcomed ailment of mine. So what's my new itinerary? It looks like I am blowing off Europe altogether, and instead taking off for southeast asia and my vietnamese homeland first. A few weeks there, then it's off to the islands of Guam and Saipan, where I hope to do back to back triathlons (the Saipan tagaman, an olympic distance race, and the Saipan Xterra...a cool race through the woods.) Those islands are fraught with World War two history, and since Rob his a WWII fanatic, he will be joining there. It will be nice to be there to see old friend and have a good time. I lived there in the mid-90's, and it was some of the happiest times of my life. Have I trained? Heck no? Oh and my knees have not been so hot since the marathon...in fact, pinkgurugal has not stepped foot on the trails since then. A few spin classes, weights, swimming and pilates are all I can muster these days. Hopefully by the time my travels come around, I'll be in better shape, and my damn laptop will be in full working condition. Cheers and happy training! Thich Nhat Hanh - “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me feel so sad knowing this little one who i so admire is down. I wish i had words of wisdom but all i can say at this time is ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCy0Hb4Pmg )...god bless

Anonymous said...

I have the same thing. I have had it for two weeks on and off. The Dr. said it was just a bad case of allergy. She gave me some kind of shot. Hope that you start feeling better soon. I miss the pictures! Nice to see Rob will be meeting you on your trip. What a nice guy. John (JP)

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well soon

The Stretch Doc said...

well I hope by now Pickgal that you are feeling better.

and your races/trips sound totally awesome, can't wait to see pics.

rockon`