Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sin City, An extreme makeover and dining delights

911! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO ENABLE MY COMPUTER TO GET OUT OF JAVA SCRIPT SO I CAN POST PHOTOS! HELP!!! Life of Leisure Heads to Las Vegas Last weekend, Pinkgurugal headed to the city of sin to.... No, just kidding. Rob and I were there to "meet the parents". I am ecstatic to say that everyone hit it off, enjoying many yummy meals at the Nguyen's asian restaurant, and engaging in thoughtful conversations. Of course, Rob and I engaged in our own decadance. Similar in personalities, we love to have a good time. And we love to be together. And dammit people love us too. No kidding, this photo was titled "cutest couple" on lastnightpics.com. Seriously, we are the poster children for the beautiful and cool. And it's high school payback. since I was quite the dork growing up and was far from being voted anything like this! Clothing Catharsis On one of my recent days off I literally purged my closet. It was quite the task... ridding yourself of 15 years of work suits, tops, slacks. It took hours. And it felt great. Out with the old Chau, in with the new. I took at least 100 pounds worth to buffalo exchange. I got back $27. 27-dollars for years worth of clothing? I bet if you tallied it up, that was thousands of dollars of clothing! But it really doesn't matter, because in all honestly, I am just relieved my wardrobe has been reduced by 75-percent. I've decided the new Chau is a clothing minimalist, only purchasing what is necessary, not just heading out the door to "go shopping" (I hate shopping, and the malls make me have mild panic attacks). Communing Last night, Rob and I became chefs for the night by cooking up our favorite dishes for friends. His is puntanesca, literally translated into whore sauce, but far from tasting dirty. Mine is the vietnamese hot and sour soup, which is nothing but sweet to the palate. We had a few friends over, and enjoyed great conversation. It's nice to decompress like this. I was set to travel soon, but I think i'll wait it out another month. After all, what's the rush? Cheers and happy training! Albert Einstein - “Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.”

3 comments:

Tarabay said...

Whore sauce!!! Very amusing to my simple mind.. Whore sauce... I like it.. Actually, I'm going to use it as an adjective. That will be my new word.. Thanks..

Dont be hating on my runnig skills... :)

Anonymous said...

Have you tried to use your system restore feature on your computer?

Jane said...

I like the minimalist approach.
Have you asked Baun maybe? (isn't he in computers?)
See ya on Saturday.