Monday, January 7, 2008

A Leisure Life?

Blog Blunder Pinkgurugal has been out of blog commission because...mmmm... my laptop's motherboard CRASHED. How it happened is not clear. What motherboard means I have no idea. I'm far from a techie, so I brought the thing into the Geek Squad (ingenius name) for repairs. The Geeks (Geeks are cool, by the way) tell me it will be TWO WEEKS before I can reclaim it. So I asked Rob to bring home his laptop so I can blog. Relaxing Ruminations Now that I am one week into my "no career, no job, skipping out of the real world" hiatus, I can honestly say that it has not hit me. I think because it's difficult to reprogram your mind so suddenly from a fast paced lifestyle to true decompression....as evidenced by my prior week. So the day after the New Year, I got right to work doing my "to-do" list, which was quite lengthy and much to my surprise. So the usual "do as much as you can" got going... from running a million errands to calling several "contacts", I was so busy it felt like a full time job. What I learned about myself is that I am not one to sit still. I always feel like I have to stay busy. Heck, I even went on a job interview last Friday and was offered the position. I promised myself January would be a month of decompression. I failed my first week. Saturday morning was so surreal for me. Usually up at 4:30am...(okay I'm lying)...5am... I instead slept in until 9ish. WOW...a Sauturday morning like normal people? That was a nice feeling! Rob took me out Friday night with friends. It was sooooooo nice not to have a curfew. Chilling Out Check So this Monday evening finds me having a late night bloody mary (hey, I don't have to work tomorrow) and relaxing. I have resolved that this week, I will try my best to forget that "to-do" list and unwind. After all, this is my time to recharge my batteries before my travel plans. Cheers and happy training! “What a new face courage puts on everything!” Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: