Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Holiday Hum Drum

Take 2008!
Happy New Year! The tri commune ushered in this January 1st appropriately sleeping in. Everyone was beat.
Unlike many revelers, pinkgurugal had a pleasant evening at home... spent with roomie Liam, Rob, his son John, and TriRyguy. Rob cooked a wonderful Shoyuz chicken plate (Hawaiian chicken..he lived there in high school), and I cooked a yummy hot and sour soup.
Boys will be boys
Much to my concern and dismay, my backyard became a fireworks free for all.
Sparklers and smokebombs. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Fast forward

I must admit, now that I am happily unemployed (more on my last days of work later), I am looking forward, among many things, to getting my house in order (see previous blog about my OCD cleaning habits) .
I'm also looking forward to dressing like a bum
Cheers and happy training!
"Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed"
Buddha

5 comments:

TriMedic said...

Welcome to the unemployment line, enjoy the new year on your new adventure.

Jane said...

Had a good time last weekend. You look relaxed in that photo. I'll try not to be a stranger no'mo'. Are you still doing that marathon?

pinkgurugal said...

yep...marathon is still on... i might be limping though...

Baun said...

Hey, Happy New Year! May 2008 be filled with continued blessings & happy adventures as you start on your next chapter in life!

Anonymous said...

I will be following your conquests. It is nice to see someone so happy. When do you travel? John