Friday, February 22, 2008

Travelling Light

Hairy and Hurried I have always been terrible at planning big trips. My MO has always been the same: wait until the last minute to pack. Whatever I forget, I’ll just buy has been my logic. So Wednesday evening had me stuffing all kinds of stuff into one large luggage, getting about 4 hours sleep, and taking off. I did, however, decide I would take my bike. A major thank you to roomie Liam for packing the bike. Although as I write this, it may all be in vain. As I mentioned in a past post, my nifty new pinkgurugal laptop has a built in camera, so for the next few weeks I plan not only to write, but to Video blog, or as “they” say, vlog. I was in good spirits when I left thursday morning. But things went WAY south once I arrived to the airport. Because my other MO is that I arrive usually at the nick of time. My luggage and and my bike box were set home with Rob. Really. A Calamitous Continental Check in Continental ticketing agents basically wouldn’t take my luggage because it was checked in 33 minutes before the flight. They say I should have had it checked in an hour before the flight. Still, I’m not so sure about that. The kiosk allowed the check in. I even had my claim stickers in hand. Heck, I had even paid 50 bucks for having too much crap in my luggage. Personally, I think they were miffed at my skycap, who unbeknownst to me, had cut in line, and processed the whole thing.... then made me out to look like the jack-ass when i was confused at the situation. So net net, I had little choice but to run to the gate and get on my plane headed to Tokyo, sans luggage. Here's my vlog version skinny. Cheers and happy training!

No comments: