Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tina Tales

Friendship Firsts Outside of the fact that I simply love the Saipan lifestyle ... (today I took Tina's aerobics class at the Hyatt hotel, then did a 1200 meter ocean swim in warm, clear and blue pacific waters) ... I love to visit because it gives me a chance to catch up with one of my closest friends, Tina. I have known Tina since college. In fact, I still boast that I am the reason she is still out here...and boy am I ever so grateful. See, I set her up with her husband Tim when I first moved here in 1996. He was among the first people I met here. Tina was living in Dallas, and self admittedly the quintessence of big city Texas gal. You might very well find her photo if you googled those words. Quite the glam girl, Tina liked the finer things in life and never missed a beat when it came to the urban, and up and coming. Then she came out to visit granola girl me in Saipan.

A Calculated Connection

That's when I told her that she had to meet this handsome, kind bachelor who lived here...a dashing man by the name of Tim Goodwin... and everything changed. They met and fell in love, and this year, will be celebrating their 10th year anniversary with their two beautiful kids, Steven, age 6 and Mylan., age 3. Saipan took the Dallas out of her. And that is a very good thing. These days you'll find Tina mountain biking, teaching aerobics, organizing soccer mom outings and in my humble opinion, appreciating what really matters in life. And that's my friend Tina. It's always nice to visit Saipan and visit her and her family.

Cheers and happy training! "Make up your mind to be happy. Learn to find pleasure in simple things." Robert Louis Stevenson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina looks *awesome* for a wife with two kids! Enough to make many moms jealoous. Saipan sounds like a great place to visit.