Monday, May 12, 2008

50 miles is fun

Back on the bike * * On Saturday morning, Rob and I and a group of friends headed east for the annual Columbus ride. Even though clear and sunny skies were forecasted, it was an overcast, cool morning. * * *

*

*

That was nice, though there was mucho headwind, which made fifty miles seem longer.

*

*

Our group made the ride a leisurely one, stopping about three times to refill or eat a banana.

*

*

I was proud of Rob, since this was his first fifty mile ride. * *

*

*

Everything was going fine, albeit the head wind, until the last five miles.

*

*

I took my first spill of the year, and I think the worst one I've had.

*

*

Bike Boo Boo

*

*

These road rash injuries were sustained while I was making a left turn onto another country road.

*

*

Unbeknownced to me the road was actual filled with gravel. * ** It looks worse than it feels, but here's what was going through my mind as I was sliding onto the pavement. * *

*

*

1) SHIT! who saw me? 2) Is my bike okay? 3)Oh no, did I tear my ironman jersey?

*

*

I think Rob was more concerned about the blood oozing down my leg than me.

*

I'm just grateful that the bike is okay, and that the jersey didn't tear, and that the only person who saw the spill was Rob. * Cheers and happy training!

3 comments:

greyhound said...

**Pee Wee Herman Voice**

"I meant to do that."

Rob said...

It's the Goth triathlete look!

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

i took a spill pretty bad too the other day...i can swim in my speedo for a while :(

glad all is ok!