Monday, April 7, 2008

Tri-ing in Vain

Much has changed in the life of Pinkgurugal.
Among those changes, my triathlon love affair.
This time last year, I had already completed a half ironman and was getting into high gear for my full Ironman training romance.
This past weekend, I finally took my bike out of the bike box. It was left in there during my travels.
It's not that I have been an absolute slug. But in truth, I'm just not in the triathlon spirit
While many of my tri colleagues kicked off their 2008 tri race season with the local Lone Star race, I was busy obsessively cleaning my house. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love to clean. Musta' have been a maid in a past life.
Anyhoo, after five weeks of travelling, LOTS of eating and a half assed attempt to train again, the other day..... I finally got on the scale.
Good news.
I think I gained just a few pounds. I thought I had gained 5 or more.
But I am feeling kinda soft.
I know, I shouldn't complain. But isn't that what we as women do? We're never happy with our bodies, no matter what anyone says.
Rain is threatening our skies today. I was thinking about going on a ride.
Maybe I'll skip and take a pilates class.
Cheers and happy training!
"He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger."
Japanese proverb

No comments: