Monday, April 21, 2008

Threesomes

Self Respecting Ruminations Without being too teribly egocentric, I must admit: I like myself. Not in a self centered, arrogant kind of way. Not in the kind of "I love to talk about myself" kind of way. But in the kind of self appreciation that comes after years of being that nerdy, awkward kid who was never asked to school dances and who was teased because of her... 1) vertically challenged dimension 2) unruly eyebrows 3)big pouty lips In life, so many things come in threes. And in my life, it's not just in my nascent inadequacies. But is it a coincidence that I fell into doing triathlons, something that has changed my life and can be credited with my sense of self empowerment? Whoever coined the adage "Three times is a charm", I'd like to say I'd agree. Because much to pinkgurugal's delight, I have another "threes" under my belt. Three times over the last year, if you happen to be thumbing through those free fitness magazines (I'm not certain anyone really reads them) ... inside you will find me unsuspectingly striking one of my many tri poses. Magazine Mugs Here I am cycling my heart out. Only this was taken a few years ago. Notice the bad aero position. Recently this shot showed up in one of those local health and fitness magazines. I'm not sure which race this was. I think it was last October's Ironstar Half. I know I look like I'm okay, but in reality, I recall I was cursing myself getting out of that cold, rocky Lake Conroe water. Then, in just the last few weeks, someone showed me this photo. I think this was the Thanksgiving Day Turkey trot. I look happy. I smiled. Actually, I always smile when I see a camera. It's my way of not taking myself so seriously and to remember I am doing this because it's fun

I didn't get paid for these photos. And admittedly, I am far from being a competitive triathlete. I just like doing them. They are fun. And they make me feel good about myself. And I am an endorphin junkie.

And this is payback.

Cheers and happy training!

"If you cannot change your fate, change your attitude." Amy Tan

3 comments:

Tarabay said...

Thats awesome... Your right, I dont know that anyone really reads them... Fast skimming maybe at the most... but still its fun to see yourself like that...

vegan I dont know... maybe another month... either that or I'll cut off a leg to lose some weight...

greyhound said...

Gee, I've never had my picture published in a sports magazine. What have you got that I haven't got?

Other than being a hottie and a girl, I mean. Other than that.

Jumper 2.0 said...

I love your eyebrows!

Oh wait, that's an Ironman cap!

Great song by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (can you pronounce that). I have Somewhere "Over the Rainbow" but the version that doesn't include part of "a wonderful world". This song is one of the songs that I listen to when I need a slow song uplift. When my job, etc has beat me up. The songs are combination of types of music including Christian music. Then I listen to what I call workout music then I'm ready to go.

Great job on being on published pics. That will happen to me one day but only because I did or said something stupid. ;-P

Take care