Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dalat Day 4

Solo Sentiments Travelling alone has its benefits. Go as you please, do as you may, eat as you want, etc..... It also has its setbacks. You are alone. And today I really felt it. Even though I did have some company today.... today's 5 hour ride around Dalat's picturesque Liang Bian Mountain was spent with my A-OK guide, Tuyen... Outside of that, for the last four days I've been hanging out with primarily....mmmm... me. Not that I get lonely (I really like the person i'm alone with), but today I was feeling a little homesick. See, when I decided several months ago to set out on my world adventures, I didn't expect and to fall in love in the process. It was still important for me to travel, we agreed. But I have also chosen to shorten my stays. I will be apart from Rob for three weeks by the time I see him again.

So I had one of those days when I just couldn't seem to enjoy myself. Even as beautiful as the forest trails were, I couldn't shake it, and Liang Bian mountain just became, unfortunately, another day on the bike. Not to mention it was cold and rainy and my bike was too big, but oh well....
Oh and some of the trail was wicked steep.
Homesick or lovesick or both?
Tomorrow I will be reconnecting with my family in Hue. My alone time is over.
Cheers and happy training!
Oliver Wendell Holmes - “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I do admire you very much and enjoy reading your blog I wonder...I believe you starting dating Rob in November and 3-4 weeks later your were professing your deep love. Even though you have know him for many years, (I think I read that somewhere) don't you think those extreme feelings of love came very quickly? It just seems as though all this has happened very fast. I mean no disrespect; just thinking out loud.

Anonymous said...

stay in vietnam

Anonymous said...

I was the first anonymous comment and did not post that second comment. Just wanted to clear that up.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the stalkers have arrived.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you for your blog updates. They are refreshing,informative and a darn good tool for the Chau Sat am withdraw..You are one fantastic lady/lil girl. My wife and i read your blog daily. . Anyway my name is George i/we have followed you for at least two years and i have made several comment entries but now i feel the need to disassociate myself from the other anonymous folks. i have always ended my comment with god bless. Thank you again

Anonymous said...

These are just a little too creepy for me, baby.