Saturday, December 20, 2008

Walking Works

For the past few days I have been walking and walking and walking. And by walking I literally mean putting one foot in front of another. I haven't been walking fast, because quite frankly I can't. I have however, managed to get my distance up. I began the week with a few miles, followed by days of walking four miles. Yesterday I walked a whole eight miles! . Now mind you, I'm not huffing and puffing, and I am not sure I consider the pace of my walking "working out". But I am noticing improvement. I am still sore, but as I walk I am careful to engage my abs and keep going. . I've also seen progress in my medication intake. I have widdled down my pain meds to about half, or 4 pills a day. At night things still ache, but I try to manage through the pain. . It still pains me, however, to see people run and workout. I know I will be back, but it just goes to show how we often take things like exercise for granted. I know when my back heals I will be better. . Here's to more walking! . Cheers and happy training "Rest is a good thing, but boredom is its brother." - Voltaire

No comments: