Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hopping, Skipping and Jumping on Opportunity

Running Smarter

Even though I have been a loyal Asics girl just about my entire running life (and that goes way back), I recently made a major, major change ... my Newton Running Shoes arrived in the mail!
Just released into the market, these shoes not only come in PINK, they are designed for the serious minded runner (didn't that last phrase sound so "markety"?). For real, the bottoms of the shoe are designed so that your foot "strikes" the balls of your feet (like you're supposed to). It's hard to explain. Just go check out their website.
A big thanks to Paula Newby Fraser (yes that one) for ordering them for me. I had a trial run in some during tri camp and was sold. Trust me, they are worth it!
I Can Vouch For That
Even though I had a direct flight from Las Vegas to Houston last night that would have gotten me home around midnight, instead I happily volunteered to give up my seat for
A $450 VOUCHER!
Yes, to be used on any Southwest airlines flight within the next year. No problem.
Keep in mind I paid about $750 for my roundtrip ticket (what was I nuts? NO... I wanted to see my parents at the last minute!)
******
******
WAYWORN WAY HOME
******
******
It wound up taking me 3 extra hours to get home because of delays. So I got home at 3:30am! Not to mention I left my ticket on the plane so I almost missed the Phoenix connecter. And oh yeah, I inadvertantly walked out of the security checkpoint without that ticket and wound up sweet talking a TSA agent to break the law and let me back through. Then I had to SPRINT what seemed like a mile to that connecting plane. My fellow passengers were not happy I held up the flight.
Very typical me stuff.
So I was on 4 hours sleep this morning, fell asleep when I got home from work, and couldn't train tonight because I have a VO2 test tomorrow.
Was it all worth it given my misadventure? You bet.
**** ****
Communal Spirits, Sideways Shots Notwithstanding
**** One quick update about the Tri commune. A big SUGAR HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sugar Mama Natalie. (I didn't know how to rotate the darn photo!)
We celebrated by cuddling
With yummy ice cream cake
And of course, a margarita!
Cheers and happy training!
***
***
"Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence. They're willing to spend more time accomplishing a task and to perservere in the face of many difficult odds. There's a very positive relationship between people's ability to accomplish any task and the time they're willing to spend on it."
Dr. Joyce

4 comments:

Jane said...

Oh my god - I LOVE those shoes! You're really into pink, aren't you. hehe

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the wonderful birthday on Sunday! You all are awesome! I can't wait for another Suger Free Margarita on Sunday for Ryan's b-day! :)

I checked out the Newton shoes! I'm think I might have to get some!

pinkgurugal said...

Jane: It's funny, pink started with the bike, as a way to not take myself so seriously. Now it's become an obsession. And trust me, pink is not my color :)

pinkgurugal said...

Natalie:
that was so fun. I love the sugar spooning. it feels so homey and family like. :)

i love my newton's!!! i wany to hold it and kiss it and name it...pink power shoes! :)