Thursday, July 5, 2007

Confessions of a Tri Newbie Addict

Me: Hello, my name is pinkgurugal, and I'm addicted to triathloning. Audience: Hi pinkgurugal Me: I've been triathloning for three seasons. This year, through the impulsive urging of another trigal stud, I agreed to train for a full ironman. Audience: hmmm. Me: Friends have told me I am nuts, colleagues give me a bewildered look and dates can't compete with my "ironman" boyfriend. Should I seek help? Is there any hope I'll recover from my tri madness Audience: The first step is admitting you have a problem. So step one of my 12 step triathlon recovery program. I decided to start blogging because 1) I can articulate my thoughts on training and racing in writing 2) maybe I can get a laugh from some of you: life is too short without some harmless humor 3) I can post all kinds of pics of me and my tri community friends. wait until you see :) Feel free to share your thoughts: criticize, proselytize, demonize my entries... I really take approbation well, even if you are wrong. But alas, remember these famous words of circus manager James Anthony Bailey, (for those of you who are not well read, and I suspect there are many... he's the Bailey of Barnum and Bailey's) "Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any" Cheers and happy training!

No comments: